Our Educational Objectives
An IPSB education integrates and harmonizes the student’s body/mind and cultivates the attitudes, techniques, and skills necessary to create a financially successful career and to support clients in their growth and change.
- To teach the concepts of and methods for integrating the Three Centers: physical, emotional, and intellectual.
- The physical center corresponds to the legs and lower abdomen and relates to the physical instinct, the concept of being grounded and the ability to take care of our needs.
- The emotional center corresponds to the chest, arms, and thorax and relates to the heart and the flow of emotions to and from the outside world.
- The intellectual center corresponds to the head and neck and relates to the mind and the processing of sensory input.
- To foster intellectual inquiry and theoretical knowledge while enabling students to gain a sense of personal power and acquire the skills to perform in their chosen field.
- To present an integrated, holistic approach to the structure and function of the human body and the role of touch in optimal wellness.
- To groom students as true professionals in massage and bodywork prepared for a wide variety of practice: competent in one or more specialty areas and able to contribute in a variety of clinical settings with other professionals.
- To train students to be sensitive to the needs of an individual while integrating body-oriented therapies, movement, body mechanics, and the study of human consciousness and spirit.
- To guide graduates to create an ethical and financially rewarding career.
- To substantially deepen students’ self-knowledge so that they become life-long learners who contribute to research and the advancement of the field.